Just how big, is this big strong desk?
Big enough to think clearly & create freely.
It’s standard desk height though (which is 73cm) – don’t worry, we didn’t build a desk just for giants!
Go on, play with it.
Tell me more, tell me more!
The big desk that’s built to last.
What else do Aussies love about it?
Designed to do no harm.
Quite the opposite actually…
Everything else you might need to know
Dimensions & Drawings
Materials & Sustainability
Our BIG Desk is made from 100% renewable Australian Hoop Pine. It’s grown in southeast QLD, transported to Brisbane to be turned into this gorgeous plywood, then onto Melbourne to be lovingly crafted into a beautiful BIG Desk.
- 25mm (1 inch) thick Australian Hoop Pine
- Grown in Southeast QLD
- No cheap veneers, solid ply
Our supplier holds Chain of Custody under the RW, PEFC and FSC® forest certification schemes.
Benefits of Plywood
- Renewable Resource – A natural product from a renewable resource
- Beautiful – Preferred because of its warmth and natural grain patterns
- Strength – Unique cross-layered structure makes it kilo for kilo, stronger than steel
- Efficiency – Uses more of the log than timber
- Versatility – Can be bent and formed to meet various sizes and shapes
- Durability – Long-lasting and good resistance to damage
Our current lead time for all desks is 2-3 weeks.
We offer free standard delivery to VIC, SA, NSW, ACT, TAS, QLD. Standard delivery takes up to 7 business days from dispatch.
Unfortunately we do not ship to WA or NT at this stage.
Caring for your Desk
We recommend giving your desk a weekly clean to keep it in top notch condition. This is good for the desk and good for your mental clarity! Simply wipe the desk surface in the direction of the grain with a very slightly damp cloth (no drips)!
Avoid using spray and wipe type products as these will slowly strip the natural oil and wax finish over time.
If you spill your coffee or glass of wine (no judgement here), don’t stress. Simply wipe up the spill as soon as possible with a slightly damp cloth, then dry off with a another clean dry cloth (the desk, not yourself).
Assembling the desk is super simple, but it is heavy, so rope-in whoever is nearby if you can:
- Stand up one of the legs and slot the vertical brace down into it
- Repeat with the other leg
- Slot the shelf into the legs and vertical brace from the back
- Pop on the desktop and you’re done!